Bonding and Optical Bonding
From: Author:Jim Lee Publish time:2023-09-08 09:16 Clicks:3
Startek Displays uses nothing less than the industry-standard in bonding material and in-house processes. Our bonding is performed with a proprietary adhesive, which is solidified with one of our three curing methods. In performing a bonding procedure on your LCD, your display is guaranteed to be more rugged and less prone to environmental vulnerabilities such as dust collection and moisture condensation. When optical bonding is not practical for your LCD, Startek Display offers perimeter bonding. Our technical experts use a class 100 clean room to manually perform each bond with precision. Perimeter bonding helps your company save on costs while still ruggedizing your panels sufficiently. Consult Startek Displays today to speak with a representative about which option is best for your project. Startek Displays supports virtually any manufacturer.
Startek Displays offers the following bonding services:
- Full Touch Screen Optical Bonding
- Full Shield Front Optical Bonding
- Tape Perimeter Touch Screen Bonding
- Tape Perimeter Shield Front Bonding
An LCD is made of a stack up of various types of materials that create and enhance certain optical properties of the LCD. Often, LCD build designs are constructed in such a fashion that air gaps are left between the layers of its components. Internal reflections are created by the air gap created between these layers. Optical quality can be greatly affected; internal reflections decrease optical clarity, along with the leaving the LCD vulnerable to contamination and moisture collection (condensation). Optical bonding is the process in which two or more components inside the LCD are bonded together to create a single optical index. Put simply, the air gap between the LCD and the cover glass is eliminated, therefore benefiting the LCD functionality in a matter of ways.
LCDs are optically improved not only for direct sunlight environments, but in any type of ambient light conditions.
- Augmented optical performance: increased luminance, increased contrast, reduced internal reflections
- Ruggedization: an optical bond creates superior LCD strength and prevents shattered screens
- Reworkable through production process
- Halogen-free: low toxicity, environmentally-friendly materials
- Excellent UV resistance
- Non-yellowing of materials used in bonding process
- Extended operating temperature range